Choosing your perfect hardware for your Hackintosh is quite difficult because if you chosen any wrong hardware then you need more truble to install OS X or need more effort work all features, On this guide we show you how to choose perfect hardware for your Hackintosh
This are the Full List of Hardwares e.g Motherboard,Audio,Ethernet,Wifi,Graphics which are natively Supported in Mac OS X or needs patches to activate them through kexts,DSDT,Kernel Flags etc.
Hackintosh World contains lots of similar questions e.g. These are My System Specs are supported ??? so there is an answer for those Question .this my little effort to Save your time in creating post/thread waiting for reply/answer because we can’t make up for you waiting ,time means a lot .
please read before buying/building/creating hackintosh
Hardware Compatibility for Mac OSX Mavericks
Note : It does not mean that the hardware not listed here does not work with OSX, this table means that the hardware listed here works out of box with OSX or it is easier to make it work with OSX.When you buy new, you should always consider components in-order from top->bottom as the components from top of the table would be the one added recently and would be compatible with the latest version of OSX Also, make sure the components you select here according to your budget are compatible with each other, that is the motherboard you select should be compatible with the processor you select. One way to make sure of it is to see the socket of the processor Like : 1150,1155,1156 and your motherboard should have the same socket support.
As per we know UEFI Bios Motherboard and laptops their Bios are fully Compatible with OSX but Some of Vendor’s Like Asus,MSI,Asrock have Locked Bios for their own so that are not supported then you need to patch you Bios..in the Latest Intel Chipsets 8 Series Board’s Bios of Most of Vendor’s are not locked means you don’t need to do anything
1st, 2nd (SandyBridge), 3rd (IvyBridge) and 4th generation (Haswell) Intel Core i series processors are supported including 2011 socket SandyBridge-E/EN/EP and IvyBridge-E/EN/EP Core i7/Xeon cpus.
Simply, Core2Duo / Core2Quad / 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation Core i3, i5, i7 / Xeon 3xxx, 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx, E3, E5, E7 processors are supported, AMD processors are not supported but in Niresh Disto’s AMD is fully supported.
– Please read with attention and do not continuously ask questions about your motherboard compatibility.
– Most of UEFI/Non-UEFI Intel chipset motherboards are supported.Simply, chipsets from 945G to C6xx are supported. Common chips are 945, 965, 975, P35, P43, P45, P55, G31, G41, G43, X58, H61, HM65, HM67, H67, P67, Z68, Z77, X79, Z87 and C6xx. South bridges from ICH5 to newest Intel 8 Series are supported. (ICH5-6-7-8-9-10, 5-6-7-8 Series)
– Besides the main chipset model, a motherboard has many components. Every component itself may or may not be compatible and even may be problematic for Mac OS X. Also, BIOS of the motherboard may be problematic for this OS. Because of these reasons, some motherboards will not be able to run this OS easily, they might need hard efforts in order you to make it work and some of them will never run it. Search google and try it on your computer. If a hardware is compatible with OSX, then it is compatible with Niresh Distro’s, Most of Gigabyte Motherboards are recommended for Hackintosh because they have full Hackintosh support .
– Intel Graphics HD 3000, HD 4000 and HD 5000 are supported, the rest are not.
HD 5000 driver supports HD 4200, HD 4400, HD 4600, HD 5000, HD 5100 and HD 5200.
– nvidia vga cards from G80 core to the newest Tesla series are supported on 10.9.1. This does not mean that all of them will work of course but most of them will work with Mavericks and Niresh Distos
Simply, nvidia 8xxx / 9xxx / 1xx / 2xx / 3xx / 4xx / 5xx / 6xx / 7xx cards are supported.
About ATI, Mac OS X 10.9 and Clover bootloader gives us more hope and less pain about ATI support.
Simply, ATI 7xxx/6xxx/5xxx/4xxx chipsets are supported but of course still more pain and less success comparing with nvidia.
Niresh’s Distro’s has some options for ATI’s including device_id injection and framebuffer override packages to make more of the ATI cards work with less pain. Still, many of the users may have to take some additional steps to use their ATI cards after installation.
Connectors/Ports for Connecting Monitor
They are also Main Part of OSX means shows how you have connected your Monitor with Cpu ,so following are Connectors/ports for Hackintosh::
2.HDMI (Hdmi is not fully functional in Hackintosh you need to Patch APPLEHDA for Audio working )
3.Thunderbolt port (if your Motherboard have Thunderboalt Support/port)
4.Display Port (Optional i have not tested it yet)
5.VGA (As we know Mac OSX Doesn’t Supports VGA for using VGA you need to patch your kexts but it’s not recommeded in Mavericks by me ,,so another option is Descrete Graphic Card which allows you to use you graphics with full qe/ci).
Common wired and wireless network devices that are auto-detected by Niresh Distro’s.
There may still be problematic chips but most of them will work OOB with Mavericks and Niresh Dis
– Intel Gigabit and Intel Pro/100
– Realtek RTL8111, 8168, 8101E, 8102E, 8131E, 8169, 8110SC, 8169SC
– Atheros AR8121, 8113, 8114, 8131, 8151, 8161, 8171, 8132,8151, 8152, 8162, 8172
– Broadcom BCM5722, 5752, 5754, 5754M, 5755, 5755M, 5761, 5761e, 57780, 57781, 57785, 5784M, 5787, 5787M, 5906, 5906M, 57788, 5784M
– Marvell 88E8035, 88E8036, 88E8038, 88E8039, 88E8056, 88E8001
Wireless: Some chips (ie. Atheros ar5008, Broadcom BCM4311) are natively supported by OS X. So, this is not the complete wifi support list of OS X.
– Atheros AR9285, 9287, 9227
– Broadcom BCM4312, 4321, 4322, 43224, 43225, 43227, 43228, 4352 (Some of these broadcom chips need rebranding in order to work on OS X.)
here is link which have full list of compatible wifi chipsets
– Minimum amount of RAM is 2GB,But i Recommended to use minimum 4GB.
Sound device is auto-detected by Niresh’s Disto’s and nearly all of the onboard sound devices are supported.if you have issue with audio like whistling ,stuttering etc. then your own onboard or externel card Kexts
Realtek ALC8XX is fully compatible with Mavericks
Recommended minimum amount of disk space for installation is 30GB.
(Software RAID installation is supported and all operations are automated for all of the boot loaders.)
you are able to use old keyboard/mouse means PS/2 keyboards mouse but you will have some trouble with it ,so my recommendation is to USB or Wireless Keyboard/Mouse.
Note:-This guides doesn’t means your hardware is fully supported it’s compatible and able to work with ,if it’s work OOB then you don’t need to do anything otherwise you need to put some efforts