Before two days Apple has reveled latest MacOS High Sierra with some of cool features like Apple New File System. But i don’t find any huge improvement but still new is always better so lets be happy to have MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh. Before you gonna try just read the APFS Supported Hardware for clear understanding. Also this method is little tricky so if you are newbie then go for MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh easiest method.
MacOS High Sierra Hackintosh Guide
- USB Flash drive at least 8 GB
- Install MacOS High Sierra Beta.app (Download)
- Latest Clover Boot Loader (r4081) with Clover Patch and APFS (Patch not needed for r4097)
- Necessary Kext in “/Library/Extensions/” and “/EFI/Clover/Kext/10.13” and “/EFI/Clover/Kext/Other”
- MBR Patch is not available so stick with GUID
Our Latest Article on High Sierra Hackintosh
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight the USB drive in left column
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options…
7. Choose GUID Partition Table
8. Under Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
12. Type the following code, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ Beta.app --nointeraction
Or Do manually which is quite easy like restoring BasSystem and Copy paste Packages (This method i always follow).Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and Installed it on your USB and use previous config.plist which you used for installing MacOS Sierra.
Change the Followings Files you can download those from Requirement section. (Skip this process if you are using r4097)
Old BOOTX64.efi to new BOOTX64.efi
Old CLOVERX64.efi to new CLOVERX64.efi
and Add apfs.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ and /EFI/Clover/drivers64/ for APFS support.
Note:-No need to use Patched BOOTX64.efi and CLOVERX64.efi Latest Clover boot loader (r4097) Fix it all.
If you doesn’t have Config.Plist and want use flag during the Installation then follow the steps.
- At Clover Boot Screen click/highlight Options and hit Enter
- Highlight Boot Args: and hit Enter
- Move arrow keys to end of line, type desired flag, and hit Enter
- Press Escape to return to the initial Clover Boot Screen.
As per my knowledge very few model are not supported with APFS (Very few Bios Version are supported now), So don’t worry if your smbios is not supported you can use diffrent smbios according to your system. You can refer the APFS Supported Firmware
If you guys stuck with Disk Utility or your hard disk is not showing in it then kindly change the Smbios according to APFS supported Firmware.
This Are the current Build Versions for MacOS High Sierra
- 17A264c (Developer Beta uodate 1)
- 17A291j (Developer Beta uodate 2)
- 17A291m (Public Beta 1)
Apple has changes little change in update mechanism, Due to that you can download the updates from App Store but it creates new boot option called “boot mac os install ” So whenever you wanna install the updates, You have to boot with that “boot mac os install ” otherwise you can not install the updates. User who use Clover with custom boot entry can’t see this boot option / partition so i would suggest you to don’t use custom entry for update process. For easiest way to update you MacOS High Sierra From DP 1 to Public Beta use Piker Alpha Script Method which i mention in our latest article.
Refer this article for Upgrade MacOS High Sierra DP 1 / 2 to Public Beta.
Note:- If you are looking for stable version of MacOS then kindly don’t install this because Beta version are not stable so stick with your stable current version of MacOS. Also i have tried this method on HFS+ partition so can’t say about APFS partition but will let you know once you done.