Apple released 10.9.2, the second major update to OS X Mavericks. update your MAC OS X Mavericks through Apps store or using Combo update, like every update Apple improvise the bugs,In this version apple update Mavericks’s kernel version and added the latest graphics drivers which is quite better for Nvidia and AMD Users ,Also it improves the SSL bugs
Make sure to back up any important data, and if possible clone your hard drive before applying the update.using TimeMachine or Carbon Copy Cloner If you have any issues post-update, boot using UniBeast and type UseKernelCache=No.
What we know about OS X 10.9.2 Update
- OS X Build 13C64
- 13.1.0 Darwin kernel
- Security and stability patches, including fix for “gotofail” SSL exploit
- Mac Pro 6,1 system definition and support files
- Initial Ivy Bridge E/EP CPU support
- Initial, but incomplete X79/C606 Chipset support
- Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
- If you use patched or modified drivers, you will need to re-apply changes to the updated drivers.
- This update will replace your audio drivers.
- You will have to reinstall AppleHDA using MultiBeast before or after reboot
- If you use VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications
- Storage drivers updated – TRIM patch will need to be reapplied before or after reboot.
Here’s the step by step way to update:
Download the Combo update from following linkInstall the Update but do not restartCopy your important kext to System/Library/ExtensionsRepair Permissions using kext utility then restart
Good luck & enjoy the new release